The Centre for Interdisciplinary Addiction Research (ZIS), Hamburg University
The “Centre for Interdisciplinary Addiction Research (ZIS)” is an interdisciplinary research centre of the University of Hamburg, combining the expertise and research resources of
four medical departments of the Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf
- Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy
- Department of Medical Psychology
- Department of Legal Medicine
- Department of Medical Microbiology, Virology and Hygiene
and three social science departments of the University of Hamburg
- Institute for Political Science
- Institue for Sociology
- Institue for Criminological Social Science
The origin of the CIAR is closely related to the Association of Interdisciplinary Addiction and Drug Research (Förderverein interdisziplinärer Sucht- und Drogenforschung, FISD).
The FISD founded the Institute of Interdisciplinary Addiction and Drug Research (Institut für Interdisziplinäre Sucht- und Drogenforschung, ISD) in 1992 to support science and research.
Professor Dr. Ingo Schäfer, MPH is director of ZIS; Assistant Professor Dr. Uwe Verthein and Dr. Bernd Schulte are the managing directors.